WE ARE RIGID LIFELINES®: INNOVATIVE MINDS PROTECTING AT-HEIGHT WORKS
We’re a research-driven company that aims to be “best-in-class” in fall arrest and fall restraint equipment.
For 20 years, Rigid Lifelines® has been engineering, designing, and testing rigid rail fall protection systems. All of our rigid rail systems comply with OSHA 1910, OSHA 1926, and ANSI Z359 standards. By meeting OSHA and ANSI regulations, our rigid rail systems reduce workplace risks and protect your workers from hazards. Our knowledge of fall protection codes allows our engineers to stay current while pursuing new, safer solutions for working at height. By serving on the ANSI Fall Protection Code committee and several ANSI sub-committees, our engineers work closely with building architects, engineers, and safety personnel to assist you in any way we can.
We offer 12 permanent or mobile Anchor Track™ Systems, including the mobile Griffin™ and permanent Traveling Bridge. All of our Anchor Track Systems feature our enclosed Anchor Track and Anchor Trolley™ technology. Our Anchor Track virtually eliminates the bounce effect and reduces the potential for secondary fall injuries. Our Anchor Trolley offers effortless movement, minimizes post-fall drift, and increases self-rescue ability. The zero-deflection of our rigid Anchor Track Systems means that our fall distances and deceleration forces are a fraction of those experienced by users of overhead cable systems.
All of our Anchor Track Systems, components, and some wearable parts come with our 10-year warranty coverage.
For more than 20 years, Rigid Lifelines has designed and produced some of the most innovative and highest performing fall protection systems available. From the start, we have worked continuously to improve our products. We are honored to manufacture your most important piece of equipment—personal fall arrest systems (PFAS).
AN EVOLUTION OF INVENTIONS
In 1996, the engineering department of Spanco, an inventive manufacturer of overhead cranes, began extensive testing of a new rigid track fall arrest system of its own design. After thorough 18-month long trials, the first system was sold to a major big-box toy retailer for racking applications. Sales grew quickly, and the line expanded in response to customer requests. In 2008, the entire line of fall protection equipment was branded Rigid Lifelines®.
Today, we have over 2,000 Rigid Lifelines’ installations, without a single reported system failure. That’s not too surprising because all of our systems meet or exceed current ANSI and OSHA requirements.
- 1996: 1st Designs and Testing
- 1998: 1st Sale (major toy retailer)
- 2003: International Society of Fall Protection Membership
- 2007: Elected to ANSI/ASSE Z359 Fall Protection Code Writing Committee
- 2008: Joined Safety & Health Technology Committee of The Association of Iron & Steel Technology
- 2009: 1st National Training for Representatives
- 2011: Introduced Full Line of Harnesses and Self-Retracting Lanyards (SRLs)
- 2011: Designated as Certified Welding Fabricator by American Welding Society
- 2012: Introduced the Anchor Trolley™, New Line of Full-Body Harnesses, New Line of SRLs, and Accessories
- 2016: Introduced New Design of Freestanding Swing Arm